Recipes from GenussRegion
Of course, the regional delicacies of the GenussRegionen can also be used for cooking. Here are a few recipes.
Nothing tastes better than cooked food made from high-quality ingredients. The regional specialties of the GenussRegionen give the dishes, with their high quality, a unique taste. Here are three great recipe ideas.
Recipe 1: Original Walser Cheese Spaetzle
Ingredients for four people
- 400 g of flour
- 300 g Walserstolz (grated, vary depending on personal taste)
- 4 eggs
- 1 onion
- ⅜ lt is water
- Mix flour, eggs, water and salt to a dough.
- "Slice" over boiling water with a spaetzle slicer and let the spaetzle boil until they float on the surface of the water.
- Remove the spaetzle from the water with a strainer, drain it briefly and place in a round bowl.
- Sprinkle the spaetzle with the grated Walserstolz and stir again and again. Then cut the onion into rings, fry in butter and finally sprinkle on the spaetzle as a decoration.
Recipe 2: Krenschaumsuppe with Pomegranate Bacon Biscuits
Ingredients for the soup
- 200 g of floury potatoes
- 100 g Styrian horseradish (grated)
- 100 g of butter
- 0,7 lt of beef soup
- ¼ lt whipped cream
- 2 bay leaves
- Pumpkin seed oil
- Fresh herbs
Ingredients for the Pastry
- 100 g of greasy potatoes
- 8 slices of bacon
- Fat for frying
- Wash the floury potatoes, peel them and dice them.
- Put the potatoes together with the beef broth, the bay leaves and the whipped cream in a saucepan and cook until soft.
- Then add butter and horseradish and season with salt and pepper.
- Peel the greasy potatoes and cut into thin strips until they are as thin as pasta.
- Make small potato rolls and wrap them into a slice of bacon. A toothpick makes sure everything stays together.
- Now bake the pomegranate bacon bags in fat.
- Arrange the soup in deep plates, pour in the poppy-seed bacon bags and garnish with pumpkin seed oil and fresh herbs.
Recipe 3: Apricot Quark Strudel with Fresh Wachau Apricots
Ingredients for the Yeast Dough
- 375 g of flour
- 75 g butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 pack yeast
- 1 pack of vanilla sugar
- ⅛ lt milk
- Lemon juice
Ingredients for the Apricot-Quark
- Fresh, halved Wachau apricots
- 150 g butter
- 100 g of icing sugar
- 100 g of granulated sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 2 packs of quark
- Lemon juice
- Sift the flour on the work surface and make a pit in the middle.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt on the flour and then pour the milk and sugar into the flour. Then crumble the pack of yeast inside.
- Let everything rest until the dough in the middle forms a small hood.
- In the meantime, stir the butter and the egg yolks with a blender frothy. Add vanilla sugar, rum and lemon juice.
- Mix everything with flour and dough, process it into a smooth consistency and let it rest again.
- For the filling, take the butter and icing sugar and stir with a blender until frothy.
- Beat the egg whites until light and airy, stir in the granulated sugar and mix with the butter.
- Add vanilla sugar, lemon juice, raisins and the quark and mix well.
- Now roll out the raked dough thinly, put the filling in the middle and cover everything with halved Wachauer apricots.
- Fold the dough into a strudel, place it on a baking sheet and sprinkle it with liquid butter.
- Bake the strudel for 30 minutes at 160 degrees, then turn the oven off and let it bake for about 15 minutes.
- From the best pork
- It also tastes great with Gulasch juice
- Particularly popular with children
This product is currently out of stock!5.0 (1)
- 250 ml, 500 ml
€ 8,99 - € 15,29
- Harmonious and pure
- Walnut fragrance
- 10 Years of Awards
In stock4.9 (17)
- 100 ml, 250 ml, 500 ml, 750 ml, 1.000 ml
- No chemical additives
- Contains valuable linoleic acid
- Refine your food
In stock5.0 (18)
- Gently processed
- Made from high quality pumpkin seeds
- Won several awards
In stock5.0 (6)