New recipes from Genuss Region
Here are a few new, delicious recipes directly from Genuss Region. Mahlzeit!
The regional delicacies of the Austrian GenussRegionen are wonderful on their own; However, the specialities only develop their potential when we combine them with other ingredients and prepare delicately tasty sides with them. Here are a few recipe ideas.
Grilled chicken breast strips with cherry chutney
Ingredients for the chutney
- 600 g pitted sweet cherries
- 250 g of sugar
- 200 g of light sultanas
- 125 ml apple cider vinegar
- 60 g red onions, finely diced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 small, dried red chilli pepper, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Put all ingredients in a cast-iron saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 30 minutes (in an open pot).
- Then remove the chutney from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Cover with cold cover. (The chutney is kept airtight for up to six weeks in the refrigerator.)
- If it needs to go a little faster, you can also use the delicious cherry chutney from the cherry-flavoured Strohmayer with real Leithaberger cherries.
Ingredients for chicken breast strips
- 2 chicken fillets
- Olive oil
- Iceberg lettuce
- Butted pepper
- Lemon juice
- For the marinade of the iceberg lettuce mix olive oil, lemon juice and salt.
- Cut the fillets into strips and rub them well with olive oil and crushed pepper.
- Heat a grill pan and grill the chicken filet strips well from all sides.
- Marinate the iceberg lettuce and arrange on a plate as a bouquet. Then add the chicken fillet strips and cover with chutney.
Savoury runner bean muffins
These spicy runner bean muffins are simply delicious as a main dish with herb sauce and various salads or as a side dish to meat.
- 300 g of cooked bark beans
- 250 g quark
- 150 g of grated cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 small onion
- Whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Roughly chop the cooked runner beans.
- Finely chop the onion, fry in a little oil until it is glassy and then add whipped cream.
- Then stir in the beans with eggs, flour, quark, cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Fill the mass into greased and crumbled muffin moulds.
- Bake everything for about 30 minutes in the oven.
- Then let everything rest briefly in the oven turned off.
Ingredients for four people
- 500 g dumpling bread
- 300 g of Walserstolz
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 floury potatoes
- 2 tsp parsley, chopped
- ¼ lt of milk
- Oil for baking out
- Cook the potatoes in salted water until soft.
- In the meantime, cut the bread into small cubes, pour over the milk and leave to simmer.
- Then add the flour, eggs, salt and nutmeg and let rest for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, cut the Walserstolz into small cubes.
- Peel and crush the soft potatoes, mix with the cheese and add everything to the dumpling bread
- Form dumplings and bake in oil golden yellow.
- Serve the cheese dumplings with a green salad or in strong beef soup.
- Made from hay fed cow's milk
- Lactose Free
- Matured 8 months
In stock4.8 (16)
- Matured for 8 months
- High-quality organic product
- Very aromatic
In stock4.8 (18)
- 425 ml, 800 ml
€ 3,89 - € 6,49
- Styrian specialty
- Ideal for legume fans
- Ready to eat
In stock5.0 (15)
- Sun-ripened fruits
- Seasoned with fine ingredients
- Ideal for cheese, wild game & beef
In stock5.0 (2)